R&D Manager (m/f/d)
About our client
For our client, a German subsidiary of an outstanding public company from China in the field of new energy (group of more than 7,000 employees). We are looking for an R&D Manager (full-time position).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee research activities and develop knowledge-based products for the company.
- Lead and manage a comprehensive team working on the development and manufacturing of the next-generation Li-ion battery systems.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members, joint development partners, and customers for ongoing development projects, both internal and external.
- Lead or support battery system development with the R&D team to ensure all the technical deliverables can be implemented on a system level (design, integration, HW, SW) based on the customer requirements and internal project milestones.
- Contribute to strategic planning initiatives for future product development.
- Building brand recognition by showcasing technological achievements at scientific/industry conferences and customer reporting.
- Manage or mentor a team of engineers, interns, or technicians.
Qualifications and knowledge:
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electric-drive Vehicle Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline
- 3 - 5 or more years of battery system engineering experience in the automotive industry (OEM or related supplier)
- 5+ years of experience with the development and integration of Li-ion battery systems or electrified powertrains and battery management systems
- Experience with electrical/electronic components used in BMS hardware
- Prior experience with software development and diagnostics tools (e.g., C, Vetor, CANalyzer, MIL, SIL, HIL testers, etc.)
- Experience in R&D processes such as ASPICE, cyber security, FMEA, and release documents.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute deliverables in an occasionally high-pressure environment
What could be offered
- Very attractive salary package
- A lot of room for personal development
- Work in a dynamic international team
We look forward to receiving your online application.